Acquisition of a residence permit by purchasing a property in Spain for more than 500,000 Euros
Foreigners who are non EU citizens can obtain a permanent residence permit in Spain by law (generally known as a “Golden Visa”) if they invest 500,000 Euros or more in the real estate sector in Spain. After adoption by Congress and King Don Juan Carlos I, this law came into force on 27 September 2013. The residence permit is also issued to the spouse, minor children, close family members or parents of the investor.
What are the requirements for obtaining a residence permit in Spain (“Golden Visa”)?
The most important advantages of investing in real estate on the Costa Blanca North and the associated residence permit in Spain are summarized below:
- Make a minimum investment of 500,000 Euros of equity. Starting from this figure a part can be financed through a mortgage.
- Spouses and underage children may be included in the permit.
- No minimum period of stay.
- Right to renewal, provided the investment is held.
- The right to travel to Spain and all the 27 countries of the Schengen area without a visa.
- Have a pied-à-terre in a safe country like Spain and extraordinary city like e.g. Moraira or Jávea which allows you to travel anytime.
- Investing in a property on the Costa Blanca North, a real estate market with great potential for revaluation in the future.
- Have a second residence in one of the most attractive cities and regions worldwide.
- Enjoy legal and civil security in a country of the European Union.
We invite you to contact us and our independent immigration experts to answer any questions on obtaining your residence permita in Spain (“Golden Visa”). We are happy to advise you!